The fresh cool air, magnanimous mountains, the flourishing greens, deodar forests, cool weather, the clear skies, and peaceful surroundings are what Himachal is all about simply put. Mostly considered for a holiday but recently becoming extremely popular with Yoga enthusiasts
Not that a clean room or a rooftop is not sufficient but finding Inner peace while strengthening your core can be a lot more pleasurable on a beautiful mountaintop. There are a lot of places in India that are popular as Yoga retreats and Himachal has gained a lot of popularity with a lot of new retreats coming up
Let's rejuvenate our senses to attain the ultimate bliss and attain enlightenment by taking a trip around Himachal & all the Yoga it has to offer.
History suggests that Yoga Practice dates back to the Indus Saraswati Valley civilization of 2700 BC. The first mention of Yoga is in the Rig Veda. As per Yoga basics – Yoga was evolved by the Brahmins and Rishis who studied and practiced the Vedas and then translated their ideas in the Upanishads.
Dharamshala and Rishikesh are among the Top 2 locations with the more famous Yoga centers, institutes, Practicing retreats and groups.
Dharamshala is the most popular of the lot. Open Pastures, unrestricted pine, wondrous treks, cosmopolitan culture, delicious food, beautiful trails to waterfalls, and the presence of Peace which is become a rarity nowadays, make it one of the top places of Choice for all aspiring yoga learners and the ones that practice Yoga diligently.
It sees a heady mix of foreigners and Indians who specially visit this peaceful paradise to learn and practice the art.
Here are a couple of places for you to Disconnect from all the Chaos and Strengthen your bond with Nature.
- Parimukti Yoga school – Offers both Yoga and Meditation training. All the meals are included in the training modules. During the training, you will find a combination of elements of Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyenger, Yin, and other Yoga Styles. The course includes extremely comfortable accommodation and at the end a Yoga Alliance Certificate and a T-shirt to Practice in.
- Mahi Yoga Center - Here apart from the Yoga Retreat programs you can also take part in yoga classes, Meditation, yoga workshops, sightseeing. Along with the course, Sightseeing is part of the package to immerse the students in the culture and beauty of the area.
- Mantra Yoga & Meditation School – Generally maintaining small size classes, with a highly experienced teacher, a strong support network founded by a Yogi and Meditation Master to realign within a modern and scientific framework.
- Buddha hall - With courses Apt for beginners and advanced level trainers and variety ranging from chakra healing, Yin empowerment, and more. Buddha hall is one of the most popular retreats situated amidst nature with spectacular surroundings. Apart from all the teaching the school also participles in various volunteer activities where students can pick from multiple roles.
- Banjara Yoga & Ayurveda- Serves as the ideal location for spiritual seekers and travelers from around the globe. They mostly work on concepts of surrender and detachment which helps one to connect better with oneself.
Take a break, breathe in the beauty and enrich your souls by visiting Dharamshala for your next stress break. Wishing everyone a very Happy Yoga Day !